Markin Tubing, a leading manufacturer of steel tubing serving the worldwide automotive and appliance markets seeks a qualified Tool & Die Maker to work 3rd shift (Midnight to 8:00 a.m.). Markin’s Wyoming, New York facility is located between Buffalo and Rochester, 10 minutes south of the village of LeRoy in western New York. Candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience.
Full benefits, $30.75/hr start rate.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to make and repair metalworking dies, using cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gages, and machinists’ hand tools, applying knowledge of tool and die designs and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout, machining, and assembly procedures.
- Sets up and operates machine tools, such as, lathe, milling machine, shaper and grinder to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gage blocks, thickness gages, and micrometers.
- Repairs, replaces and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as, engines, starters, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment.
- Performs maintenance duties using tools, machines and equipment, such as, hand tools, power tools, fabrication tools, precision measuring instruments, cranes, hoists, fork trucks and any other tools, machines or equipment needed to do the work.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices, starts devices to test their performance.
- Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings.
- Dismantles, moves, assembles and installs machinery and equipment.
- Assembles machines and equipment, aligns, bolts, weld, rivets or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Installs and replaces hydraulic, pneumatic and water lines.
- May maintain service and repair records on equipment.
- May do regular inspections of plant equipment and keep records of inspections.
Apply in person at Markin Tubing, One Markin Lane, Wyoming, NY 14591, or send resume to:
Cecelia M. Riggi
Markin Tubing, LP
PO Box 242
One Markin Lane
Wyoming, NY 14591
No phone calls please.