Position: Staff Accountant
Markin Tubing, a leading manufacturer of steel tubing is seeking a Staff Accountant in our Wyoming, NY facility.
This position is primarily responsible for day to day general accounting functions and month end close and will report to the Controller.
– Assist in billing, accounts receivables, and accounts payable processes.
– Prepare and record month-end closing entries.
– Perform bank reconciliations.
– Track and report capital project spending.
– Reconcile inventory on-hand to ERP system inventory and make cycle count adjustments.
– Prepare and record month-end closing entries & general ledger reconciliation work papers to provide final reconciled trial balance and initial draft of financial reports to Controller.
– Assist Controller with annual budget & fiscal year-end audit documentation & work papers.
– Run ERP accounting utilities and correct errors on error reports.
– Support Controller during third-party audits.
– Prepare and distribute department spending reports each month.
– Provide back-up support for other accounting & administrative functions.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
– Excellent attention to detail and problem resolution skills.
– Planning, organizational & ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
– Experience using an ERP computer system along with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
– Prefer minimum of 4-year degree in Accounting.
– 2 years or more accounting experience preferred, but driven entry-level candidates are also encouraged to applied.
– Must have a good command of the English language, oral and written.
– Work experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Markin Tubing offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for personal and professional growth. For confidential consideration, please submit resume, salary requirements to:
Cecelia M. Riggi
Human Resource Manager
PO Box 242
Wyoming, NY 14591